Gavagai.pl

ma budzić. Ma inspirować. Właściwe słowo we właściwej chwili może zmienić świat... umysłem i rękami gotowego na te słowa człowieka.

Gavagai to... repozytorium inspiracji: fragmentów książek, filmów i wierszy... opisów umysłów i czynów wielkich ludzi, których śladem warto podążać. To także repozytorium 25 tysięcy sentencji i aforyzmów.

Sentencje w bazie gavagai:

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Albert Einstein

In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep.

Albert Einstein

No, this trick won't work..How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important biological phenomenon as first love ?

Albert Einstein

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolutio to a vegetarian diet

Albert Einstein

When the solution is simple, God is answering.

Albert Einstein

God does not play dice with the universe.

Albert Einstein

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Albert Einstein

Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves.

Albert Einstein

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.

Albert Einstein

The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.

Albert Einstein

Before God we are equally wise - and equally foolish.

Albert Einstein

How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.

Albert Einstein

Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.

Albert Einstein

There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity. And I am unsure about the universe.

Albert Einstein

Wszystko należy czynić prostszym, ale nie jeszcze prostszym.

Albert Einstein

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

Science is a refinement of everyday thinking.

Albert Einstein

A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depends on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the measure as I have received and am still receivied

Albert Einstein

The difference between what the most and the least learned people know is inexpressibly trivial in relation to that which is unknown.

Albert Einstein

An empty stomach is not a good political advisor.

Albert Einstein

The grand aim of all science is to cover the greatest number of empirical facts by logical deduction from the smallest number of hypotheses or axioms. - from Life Magazine, 1/9/50

Albert Einstein

I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right.

Albert Einstein

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious - the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - from Living Philosophies, 1931

Albert Einstein

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute—and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Albert Einstein

A photograph never grows old. You and I change, people change all through the months and years, but a photograph always remains the same. How nice to look at a photograph of mother or father taken many years ago. You see them as you remember them. But as people live on, they change completely. That is why I think a photograph can be kind.

Albert Einstein

The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge.

Albert Einstein

Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.

Albert Einstein

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a [person] does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses their intelligence.

Albert Einstein

Subtle is the Lord, but malicious He is not.

Albert Einstein

There remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion

Albert Einstein

Human beings, vegetables, or comic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player

Albert Einstein

Do you believe in immortality? No, and one life is enough for me

Albert Einstein

How strange is the lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn;for what purpose we know not, though sometimes sense it. But we know from daily life that we exist for other people first of all for whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends.

Albert Einstein

Scientists were rated as great heretics by the church, but they were truly religious men because of their faith in the orderliness of the universe.

Albert Einstein

I do not believe that the Good Lord plays dice

Albert Einstein

When forced to summarize the general theory of relativity in one sentence: Time and space and gravitation have no separate existence from matter.

Albert Einstein

We know nothing at all. All our knowledge is but the knowledge of schoolchildren. The real nature of things we shall never know

Albert Einstein

You teach me baseball and I'll teach you relativity...No we must not You will learn about relativity faster than I learn baseball.

Albert Einstein

For every one billion particles of antimatter there were one billion and one particles of matter. And when the mutual annihilation was complete, one billionth remained - and that's our present universe.

Albert Einstein

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving

Albert Einstein

So long as there are men there will be wars

Albert Einstein

Nationalism is an infantile diease, the measles of mankind

Albert Einstein

I believe in standardizing automobiles, not human beings

Albert Einstein

To get to know a country, you must have direct contact with the earth. It's futile to gaze at the world through a car window

Albert Einstein

I love to travel, But hate to arrive

Albert Einstein

Politics is more difficult than physics

Albert Einstein

I hate crowds and making speeches. I hate facing cameras and having to answer to a crossfire of questions. Why popular fancy should seize upon me, a scientist, dealing in abstract things and happy if left alone, is a manifestation of mass psychology that is beyond me.

Albert Einstein

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the life-long attempt to acquire it.

Albert Einstein

Isn't it strange that I who have written only unpopular books should be such a popular fellow?

Albert Einstein

The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable receiving.

Albert Einstein

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once

Albert Einstein

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Albert Einstein

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

Albert Einstein

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius -- - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Albert Einstein

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.

Albert Einstein

Perfection of means and confusion of ends seem to characterize our age.

Albert Einstein

I have deep faith that the principle of the universe will be beautiful and simple.

Albert Einstein

Truth is what stands the test of experience.

Albert Einstein

Quantum mechanics is very impressive. But an inner voice tells me that it is not yet the real thing. The theory yields a lot, but it hardly brings us any closer to the secret of the Old One. In any case I am convinced that He doesn't play dice.

Albert Einstein

I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.

Albert Einstein

When his wife asked him to change clothes to meet the German Ambassador: they want to see me, here I am. If they want to see my clothes, open my closet and show them my suits.

Albert Einstein

Lasting harmony with a woman(was) an undertaking in which I twice failed rather disgracefully

Albert Einstein

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.

Albert Einstein

People like you and I, though mortal of course like everyone else, do not grow old no matter how long we live...[We] never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born. The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind.

Albert Einstein

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. We have to do the best we can. This is our sacred human responsibility.

Albert Einstein

I cannot conceive of a personal God who would directly influence the actions of individuals, or would directly sit in judgment on creatures of his own creation. I cannot do this in spite of the fact that mechanistic causality has, to a certain extent, been placed in doubt by modern science. [He was speaking of Quantum Mechanics and the breaking down of determinism.] My religiosity consists in a humble admiratation of the infinitely superior spirit that reveals itself in the little that we, with our weak and transitory understanding, can comprehend of reality. Morality is of the highest importance -- but for us, not for God Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable gift and not as a hard duty Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

Albert Einstein

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.

Albert Einstein

The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service.

Albert Einstein

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.

Albert Einstein

Those instrumental goods which should serve to maintain the life and health of all human beings should be produced by the least possible labour of all. The search for truth is more precious than its possession Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

Albert Einstein

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.

Albert Einstein

Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.

Albert Einstein

With fame I become more and more stupid, which of course is a very common phenomenon.

Albert Einstein

I want to know God's thoughts...the rest are details.

Albert Einstein

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Albert Einstein

A finely tempered nature longs to escape from the personal life into the world of objective perception and thought.

Albert Einstein

I don't believe in mathematics.

Albert Einstein

If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.

Albert Einstein

The ideals that have lighted my way and time after time have give me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty and Truth.

Albert Einstein

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.

Albert Einstein

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Albert Einstein

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor

Albert Einstein

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it ?

Albert Einstein

Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.

Albert Einstein

It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed

Albert Einstein

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity

Albert Einstein

Rzeczywistość jest ledwie złudzeniem, aczkolwiek bardzo uporczywym.

Albert Einstein

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Albert Einstein

The World is not dangerous because of those who do harm but because of those who look at it without doing anything.

Albert Einstein

Man usually avoids attributing cleverness to somebody else, unless it is an enemy.

Albert Einstein

If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.

Albert Einstein

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein

God may be subtle, but He isn't plain mean.

Albert Einstein

The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.

Albert Einstein

Wyzwolona energia atomu zmieniła wszystko za wyjątkiem naszego sposobu myślenia.

Albert Einstein

Uczony jest człowiekiem, który wie o rzeczach nieznanych innym i nie ma pojęcia o tym, co znają wszyscy.

Albert Einstein

Wiadomo, że taki to a taki pomysł jest nie do zrealizowania. Ale żyje sobie jakiś nieuk, który o tym nie wie. I on właśnie dokonuje tego wynalazku.

Albert Einstein

Za najważniejsze zadanie państwa poczytuję obronę jednostki i stwarzanie dla niej warunków twórczego rozwoju.

Albert Einstein

Tylko życie poświęcone innym jest warte przeżycia.

Albert Einstein

Intelekt jasno widzi metody i narzędzia, ale jest ślepy na cele i wartości.

Albert Einstein

Jedynym rozsądnym sposobem wychowania jest oddziaływanie własnym dobrym przykładem, a jeśli nie można inaczej - odstraszającym przykładem.

Albert Einstein

Nie mogę uwierzyć, że Bóg gra w kości z wszechświatem.

Albert Einstein

Dziś technologia przerosła ducha człowieka. Marzę jednak o chwili, kiedy to duch ludzki przerośnie naszą technologię.

Albert Einstein

I would rather be an optimist and a fool than be a pessimist and correct.

Albert Einstein

My political ideal is democracy. Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.

Albert Einstein

The process of scientific discovery is, in effect, a continual flight from wonder.

Albert Einstein

Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.

Albert Einstein

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Albert Einstein

Know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty.

Albert Einstein

All knowledge of reality starts from experience end ends in it.

Albert Einstein

Without the belief that it is possible to grasp the reality with our theoretical constructions and without the belief in the inner harmony of our world, there could be no science. This belief is and always will remain the fundamental motive for all scientific creation.

Albert Einstein

-What is inconceivable about the universe is that it is at all conceivable.

Albert Einstein

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Albert Einstein

Chcę wiedzieć jak Bóg stworzył ten świat. Nie interesuje mnie to czy tamto zjawisko w spektrum jakiegoś pierwiastka. Chcę znać jego myśli; reszta to detale.

Albert Einstein

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Albert Einstein

Gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.

Albert Einstein

When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours... that's relativity.

Albert Einstein

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

I want to know God's thoughts.....the rest are details.

Albert Einstein

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.

Albert Einstein

Don't have any children. It makes divorce so much more complicated.

Albert Einstein

The true value of a human being can be found in degrees to which he has attained liberation from the self.

Albert Einstein

The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.

Albert Einstein

An empty stomach is not a good advisor

Albert Einstein

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources

Albert Einstein

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity

Albert Einstein

There are only two ways to live your life.One is as though nothing is a miracle.The other is as though everything is a miracle

Albert Einstein

Only a life lived for others is the life worth while.

Albert Einstein

Do you know, also, that your fervent wishes can only find fulfillment if you succeed in attaining love and understanding of men, and animals and plants, and stars, so that every joy become your joy and every pain your pain.

Albert Einstein

Whoever underakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.

Albert Einstein

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

Albert Einstein

Small is the number of them that see with their own eyes, and feel with their own hearts.

Albert Einstein

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear and punshiment and hope of reward after death.

Albert Einstein

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved through understanding.

Albert Einstein

Try not to be a man of success, but rather, try to become a man of value.

Albert Einstein

I cannot imagine a god who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modelled after our own - a god, in short, who is but a reflection in human frailty. Neither can I beleive that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbour such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism.

Albert Einstein

I do not believe in the immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no supernatural authority behind it

Albert Einstein

I don't know what will be used in the next world war, but the 4th will be fought with stones.

Albert Einstein

Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastry demands all of a person.

Albert Einstein

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

Albert Einstein

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.

Albert Einstein

Common sense is that layer of prejudices which we acquire before we are sixteen.

Albert Einstein

The crippling of individuals I consider the worst evil of capitalism. Our whole educational system suffers from this evil. An exaggerated competitive attitude is inculcated into the student, who is trained to worship acquisitive success as a perparation for his future career. (Monthly Review, 1949)

Albert Einstein

Do not worry about your problems in mathematics. I assure you, my problems with mathematics are much greater than yours.

Albert Einstein

Wieczną tajemnicą wszechświata jest to że może on być zrozumiany.

Albert Einstein

God may be subtle, but He isn't mean.

Albert Einstein

Gravitation can not be held resposible for people falling in love

Albert Einstein

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Albert Einstein

I am absolutely convinced that no wealth in the world can help humanity forward, even in the hands of the most devoted worker. The example of great and pure individuals is the only thing that can lead us to noble thoughts and deeds. Money only appeals to selfishness and irresistably invites abuse. Can anyone imagine Moses, Jesus or Ghandi armed with the money-bags of Carnegie? (On Wealth, )

Albert Einstein

I am convinced that He [God] does not play dice.

Albert Einstein

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein

I don't know how man will fight World War III, but I do know how they will fight World War IV; with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein

It is not the fruits of scientific research that elevate man and enrich his nature. but the urge to understand, the intellectual work, creative or receptive. - from Ideas and Opinions (1954)

Albert Einstein

The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unhappy but hardly fit for life.

Albert Einstein

Of what significance is one's one existence, one is basically unaware. What does a fish know about the water in which he swims all his life? The bitter and the sweet come from outside. The hard from within, from one's own efforts. For the most part I do what my own nature drives me to do. It is embarrassing to earn such respect and love for it.

Albert Einstein

One should guard against preaching to young people success in the customary form as the main aim in life. The most important motive for work in school and in life is pleasure in work, pleasure in its result, and the knowledge of the value of the result to the community.

Albert Einstein

The point is to develop the childlike inclination for play and the childlike desire for recognition and to guide the child over to important fields for society. Such a school demands from the teacher that he be a kind of artist in his province.

Albert Einstein

Relativity applies to physics, not ethics.

Albert Einstein

We cannot dispair of humanity, since we are ourselves human beings. (Idea and Opinions,1954)

Albert Einstein

When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge.

Albert Einstein

Where the world ceases to be the scene of our personal hopes and wishes, where we face it as free beings admiring, asking and observing, there we enter the realm of Art and Science.

Albert Einstein

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.

Albert Einstein

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.

Albert Einstein

The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.

Albert Einstein

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.

Albert Einstein

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Albert Einstein

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thoughts in clear form.

Albert Einstein

The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge.

Albert Einstein

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!

Albert Einstein

Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.

Albert Einstein

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Problemem naszego wieku nie jest bomba atomowa, lecz serce ludzkie.

Albert Einstein

Wszyscy wiedzą, że czegoś nie da się zrobić, i przychodzi taki jeden, który nie wie, że się nie da, i on właśnie to robi.

Albert Einstein

Tzw. zdrowy rozsądek to suma przesądów jakie nabywamy przed ukończeniem osiemnastu lat.

Albert Einstein

Jaka to smutna epoka, w której łatwiej rozbija się atomy, niż rozprasza ludzkie przesądy.

Albert Einstein

Dbaj o prostotę; niech wszystko będzie tak proste, jak to tylko możliwe; ale nie prostsze.

Albert Einstein

Pan Bóg jest wyrafinowany, ale nie złośliwy.

Albert Einstein

Los ludzkości będzie taki na jaki zasłużyła

Albert Einstein

Znane są tysiące sposobów zabijania czasu, ale nikt nie wie, jak go wskrzesić

Albert Einstein

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

Albert Einstein